Okay, so despite the fact that this week was monumentally better than the week before, I only lost one pound compared to the 1.8 from the previous weigh in. I contribute that to two things...previous week overload catching up with me, and end of week bad points. But I'm still down a pound, so it's not an entire disappointment.
So onto Tools for Living #2:
Storyboarding
This step encourages you to make a step by step action plan to reach your "winning outcome" which we discussed last week. By breaking it down into smaller steps, or smaller goals, it makes the long term winning outcome more attainable. And then by writing or drawing (yeah, okay) these steps, you are visualizing them to make them a reality. I suppose I sort of did that last week, but let's put this baby to work Storyboard style.
Winning outcome: I want to get to my goal weight of 162 lbs and to improve my lifestyle by making healthy choices in my life.
First I have to decide my mini-goals which will help achieve this...
1. Walking for at least 20 minutes on Sunny/nice weather days
2. Days that I can't walk...uhh...
3. Filling my cabinet & fridge with healthy food, snacks, prep foods, etc.
4. Thinking of alternative ways to move more: taking the stairs if under 4 flights...
5. Using more creative & healthy ways to prepare my foods.
6.
I can't think of any more. WW says they should be specific. Should they be time specific with deadlines? And to put them in an order so I can see outcomes.
1. Filling my cabinet & fridge with healthy food choices
2. May: Get in three days of walking for at least 20 minutes during the week, and at least one 40+ minute physical activity on the weekend.
3. Think of alternative ways to move more. Do at least different movement per day in addition to exercise
4. June: Increase to five days of 20 minute exercise plus at least one day of 60 min physical activity or 2 days x 30 minutes.
5. Make an effort to cook more trying some of the WW recipes or Hungry Girl recipes.
6. July: Month #7=7 days of exercise. If not seven days, lengthen daily exercise to 30 minutes.
7. For each 10lbs and/or clothing size dropped, celebrate with a new outfit.
Okay, I just threw in that last one to make 7 items. I will be drawing this out on an actual storyboard soon. I will scan & post.
Next week's tool: Empowering beliefs. Right.
Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment