Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

How am I doing it?

So that meager weight loss I was expecting turned into an additional 2.2 lbs. lost bringing me to a grand total of 15 lbs!!!

I really dont' understand. While I didn't have a terrible week, I certainly did not have the model-WW week. However, I am not complaining and I will be continuing to track my progress.

That's one thing I've noticed--I'm starting to slack on the recording of my meals. When I first started this, I was obsessed with each bite of food as soon as I ate it. Now I'm waiting a day or two to enter it online, and most of the time I'm not even writing it down in my tracker. I should get back into that habit because that will help me to continue to be aware of what I'm eating.

Whatever the case--15lbs!!! That's excellent. I have only another 8.6 lbs to hit my 10% and then I'll be on my way to being the healthiest I've ever been!

Okay--let's set up a winning outcome.

I want to hit my 10% by the Monday, June 30 losing the remaining 8.6 lbs.
I will do this by tracking everything I eat both on paper and online.
I will continue to have 3-5 days of daily walks for at least 20 minutes.
In addition I will add some exercises to improve the shape of my bottom half at least twice a week.
When I achieve this 10% goal, I will celebrate by indulging myself in shopping for a new (smaller size) outfit which will show off my new fabulous self.

Yesterday at my WW meeting, Jill was talking about indulgences and learning to perceive it as a positive concept rather than a selfish-negative concept. I don't think I've ever considered indulging as a negative concept, but I listened regardless. She asked us what our indulgences are. I put down dessert/ice cream, classes/learning/social activities, dining out, coffee (sometimes), makeup/shopping. I don't know if they're all really all-out indulgences because I've never really limited myself from having them. I've never been the person to say I will only have ice cream twice a week or watch tv once I've finished my homework. (Believe me--I've never done that in my life). So when I talk about indulgences, they're things that I enjoy, but haven't really deprived myself of. But it's never too late to change.

I chose this indulgence for my 10% because I have not gone clothes shopping in months, and every time I think about it, I say, oh, I shouldn't spend the money (since it's very limited nowadays), as well as the fact that I shouldn't waste money on an outfit in a size which is going to be too big for me in a few weeks (not that I'm shrinking all that fast).

But I figure at my 10% I'll be able to fit into a smaller size which will look good on me and keep me satisfied until I reach my next goal.

I'm going to start browsing the racks now :)

Until next time

No comments: