So when I wrote yesterday about my weigh-in on Monday, I failed to mention that post disappointment, I went out to dinner with my friends for Greek food.
And I indulged in the mother of all Greek food, the Gyro. Probably a pound of sliced lamb with lettuce, tomato, onions, and tzatziki(?) yogurt sauce, all wrapped in a giant yummy bready pita. Now I don't know exactly how many points the one I ate was, but the online weight watchers menu calculated it at about 15 points. It might very well have been more.
On top of that, yesterday, most disappointed with my food choice, I had a relatively light lunch, but then got hungry and had some Pogos baked potato sticks which weren't that bad, but never really settled well in my stomach. And the fact that I had a ****-load of meat the day before didn't help either. I haven't eaten that much meat in...I can't even remember.
So for dinner I went to Così, a really yummy food chain which I used to indulge in quite often back when I worked in the city. They have these sandwiches with their amazing bread & fresh ingredients, and it was too good to pass up the chicken TBM sandwich. The TBM is Tomato, Basil, Mozzarella. Yum yum yummy. And the only addition was a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
Okay fine. I could have eaten half of it and either taken the rest home or whatever, but despite my uneasy digestive system, I ate the whole thing. Plus I started a bag of chips which were included. So today I go on the Così website to get the nutritional information for it. Right off the bat I see it is a 10 oz sandwich. I figure there's no way that can be good.
I'm glad I looked, but boy was it painful...the 10oz sandwich has 791 calories, 6 grams of fiber, and 43, yes 43 grams of fat. When I calculated it, it came out to a whopping 19 points! HOLY SMOKES! And the 3 pts for chips on top of that. I went over my daily points by 7.5 points even with the 2 activity points from my lunchtime walk. If I had only half the sandwich, that would have only been 9 points (yes, I know that's not even, that's what WW said), and 9 points is quite reasonable. But 19? You would have thought I would have learned by now.
Oh--and then I felt it necessary to have some (golden) Oreos when I got home to have something a little sweet. Two servings of course. 7.5 points. Holy mother of Nabisco.
Well, today is a new day, and although I could very easily go back into the let's eat bad food & lots of it, but that's not why I'm here. That's not why I've been working this hard. That's not why I'm paying $40 a month to Weight Watchers.
Getting back on the horse. Taking the reins. Riding off into the weight-loss sunset. I HAVE A GOAL TO REACH! C'mon Julia!
Until next time
No comments:
Post a Comment