Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sigh...a gain again.

So last night I was pretty bummed to find out that I had gained 1.4 lbs at my weigh-in.

I knew I wasn't having a great week, and I knew I had a long food-filled weekend, but I thought I did a decent job counteracting that with exercise.

When I write about my nervous weigh-ins, they tend to be the woe-is-me entries, but then when I go and see I lost weight I bounce back. And then I'm like an award nominee who claims she never expected this honor but in the back of her head is thinking "oh I totally deserve this."

But the fact that this is the second time I've gained since I started in April isn't all that bad. And I'm sure part of it is because I'm nearing the end of the month and that time of the month, and my body is starting to gear up for that. Plus with Mondays it is often hard to know if your body is still adjusting to the weekend festivities or it is a true gain.

Not that I'm giving up!! I just have to work extra hard to lose this weight, and hopefully that extra 1.5 to get to my 10%. I've come this far, and even got a compliment from my boss who was away on a business trip for a week & said today "Gettin skinny there..." and said I look good. So continuing on my journey...

Tonight I can't do a long walk, but I should be able to do my lunchtime walk, and then hopefully tomorrow I can put in a long walk after my Italian class. I have to figure out some exercises I can do in my apartment too. I want to focus on slimming my thighs particularly, but even overall aerobics (like Tae Bo or something) that way I have no excuse for rainy or cold weather.

Oh my downstairs neighbor is going to love me. :)

Until next time

No comments: