Well, I think so. Not that I sat on the way down saying "No thank you, I'll have the water and the fruit" the whole way down to the city, but I definitely was very conscious of what i was eating and drinking. At least for the first part of the afternoon.
The park was fantastic. Boiling hot at first, it was filtered with a brilliant breeze every now and again. Plus we were having too much fun to really notice.
I prepped for my adventure by going for an exhausting & sticky jog/walk in the morning...well, early afternoon. It really was too hot and I couldn't jog for long because I felt like my heart and lungs would collapse any second. But I felt good that I did it. When I recorded it though it was hard to figure out how long I was jogging (I figured about 7 minutes...1.5 songs on my iPod), and how long I was walking briskly vs. walking leisurely. Since my muscles were tired from jogging, I assume I did more leisurely walking vs. brisk walking, but who knows. I give myself the lazier route when I record these things because if I'm wrong, then I've only done better. I do the same thing with food often by overestimating how much I've eaten.
Anyway-I also had a nice jog down to the train station since I was running a little late. It was kind of funny since I had a dress, dressy (but comfortable) sandals, and two bags and I'm like "excuse me, sorry, train. thanks!" to the people I had to run past. It's a good thing I did because I made the train with less than a minute to spare. And oh boy was I sweating from that. And then I also had a nice long walk from the subway to the park, picking up fruit along the way. So I made sure I got my exercise.
And then I sat for about 4 and a half hours surrounded by good food & friends. And I had plenty of water in between as I planned, and I had plenty of fruit in between as I had planned. It was partly because it was so hot & the fruit & water was very refreshing, and partly because I was really making an effort to keep away from the rich cheeses and stuff that people had brought. The biggest downfall of the day was the wine. Although I did mix in water, I did have a few cups of wine--probably between 4 and 5. I stopped keeping track. And that's where I started snacking more with the meats & cheeses and bread. And a mixed drink of lemonade and vodka. But all in all it wasn't too bad. And then we ended up not going out for dinner as we usually do, so I didn't have to add my mojitos and mexican food to that list, so I saved myself a lot of points there. And then there was more walking after.
And even better was yesterday--although I got no exercise whatsoever, I went for an egg white omelet at the dinner with spinach & feta (heavy on the feta, but I didn't finish it), and then afterward when I got to my parent's house and they were barbecuing, I passed on the burgers and hot dogs, had one piece of sausage and enjoyed the rest of the vegetables and stuff. I was very proud of myself there too. I didn't overdo it, I saved myself some points, and at the end of the evening when I went food shopping to Stew Leonards, I treated myself to a nice Fat Free Frozen Yogurt cone. Yum. Totally made my night.
Well--I'm not really certain how my weigh in tonight is going to go, but we'll keep our fingers crossed! 1.5 baby!!!
Until next time
No comments:
Post a Comment