So last night was my first fitting of my bridesmaid dress for my brother's wedding taking place at the end of August (major diet challenges ahead).
So when I ordered the dress, I was between sizes & she wanted to give me the extra material (for my extra fun hips), so she ordered the next size up. I knew this was going to happen, it even happened with my friend's bridesmaid dress last year, that because of the extra size in the hips, and my completely disproportioned upper body, there was going to be some major alterations particularly in the bust-area. I also knew, that 20 lbs later was also going to make a difference in the fit.
Well, the seamstress was in shock when she came to fit the dress. I told her why it was so big, and it was really huge (I should have taken a before picture, but I couldn't get a good one in the mirror). It was a size 22, and I am a size 16. You do the math.
I have to tell you, it was a major ego boost. If you ever want to feel better about yourself, put on a giant dress or other piece of clothing. Of course it helps when you know you were that large at one point and now you're smaller, but it does put a smile on your face.
Plus the dress is really pretty--light blue satin/chiffon. It's hard to describe. I'll try to get a picture at my 2nd fitting in two weeks.
And yes, I'm still really happy about my 21.6 lb loss. This weekend is a little harder foodwise for some reason. I'm not as dedicated to staying on plan as usual. Not that I've been feasting on chips & ice cream (I did that last week), but I've been going over my lessened points value - oh yes, we're now down to 26 daily points - pretty much all week. I got in my walks too, except for yesterday, but I think this week is going to be a little rougher.
But--keep moving forward! 1.5 lbs to go before I can celebrate my big achievement :)
Until next time
No comments:
Post a Comment