Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dancing under 200

Okay--so I have a goal for this week.

I am only 1.3 lbs away from getting under that 200 mark.

And by Jove, I want this to be the week I make it.

Which means the following:
1) Tracking everything
2) Making smart food choices, portion control, lots of fruit & veggies and NOTHING FRIED
3) Continuing to walk as much as possible
4) Lots of water
5) Dancing

What?

Yes, dancing. Yesterday's meeting topic was dancing; about using this fun activity to help with weight loss. It's got lots of benefits--aside from burning calories and toning your bottom, it's a mood elevator, a feel good activity, it makes the time disappear, and it's just plain fun.

I love dancing. I used to take dance classes from when I was about three years old up through high school and I love it. And I miss it. Maybe I'll sign up for a class at some point to get back into it, but for now, I can just have fun on my own. And I really don't need much help motivating myself to dance, just a little music and the absence of sitting.

As we were talking about it last night I got so into the idea of dancing in my apartment, acting like a goofball in my own space that I think it would really be a great option for me to include in my nightly routine. And I can do it rain, shine, day, night. Whenever. And I've been complaining that I have to work on my hips/butt/thighs...well, this is perfect.

So tonight I'm breaking out the iTunes and dancing.

And next week...GOODBYE 200s!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until next time

No comments: