Finish your vegetables. Drink some water.
Mom was right. These things are good for you. And they're also the most difficult for me to get enough in my diet. I've never been much of a drinker between or even during meals. So fitting in my six to eight glasses a day was never really something I was successful at.
But in trying to get back the motivation I had when I first started WW, I've been packing in the fruits & vegetables. And although it's only been a couple of days, I now remember why I was all psyched about it before. They really fill you up but you don't feel weighed down with the heavy meats and breads.
Today's lunch for instance was a large helping of roasted zucchini and squash, a half cup of tomato basil soup, and a half turkey sandwich with a little cheese, mustard, lettuce, tomato on rye. Not a ton of food, but I definitely feel full. Oh, and I had some Baked Lays too. (yum). But with all those vegetables, plus drinking lots of water, I feel like I had a four course meal or something.
So overall I've been doing well with food this week. Next week I'm going to get my exercise back on and start walking before or after work. How I'm going to fit that all in with work & rehearsals, I have no clue, but I'm getting myself re-motivated & I'll find the time.
So I'm proud to say, mom, you were right. Not necessarily about how I look in certain clothes...or about that blind date...but about the healthy stuff. Yup.
Oh, and remind me to tell you about Bootcamp.
Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment