Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

Working my way back to health

Okay-I really feel like I'm starting over. I feel like I've been away from the WW plan so long.
Today is my first post-labor day meeting and I am a little nervous to see if I've gained anything. But I'm going back & I'm staying for the meeting and...well, I am starting fresh.

On the WW website today there was an article for the Back on Track Challenge. Dealing with the post-summer, post-labor day blues & to help re-energize people to keep going and to get back on track. They recommend starting small. Give yourself those mini goals to help get you back into the swing of things.

The week one challenge is to simply get back on the scale. I can do that. That was my plan anyway.
I also need to re-evaluate my eating habits. Like I said last blog, I have somehow managed to sneak in all those unhealthy foods (fried!!) that I am addicted to, but are the Skeletor of my weight loss efforts. Not skeletor? How about Shredder? Any other 80's cartoon villains?

I need to clean out my fridge, go food shopping, get back to eating lots of fruits & vegetables. Although the fun summer fruits are done with, the fall vegetables, and apples are something to look forward to. Maybe if I go apple picking within the next couple of weeks, I'll have enough apples to last me through the fall and kick up the fruit eating again.

This week's goal: Empty fridge. Go food shopping. Re-fill fridge with lots of healthy & easy to grab food. And keep clean dishes so you are more likely to eat at home. Write down food intake.

Next week's goal: Set reasonable daily exercise goals and stick to them.

Until next time

No comments: