Pages

Friday, April 3, 2009

April fitness brings May thinness

It's day three of this month and I still haven't given myself a goal. I certainly marched through March and I'm very proud of myself for having gotten through two levels and almost a full month of the Couch to 5K program.

Now I want to give myself a goal for April.

Come April 21st, I will have been on WW for one whole year. And I'm about 40 lbs down right now, and that's amazing to have done in a year. Although I probably would have guessed I would be nearer to goal by this time, I am not complaining. It didn't just take me a year to get where I was, and the fact that I have come this far is something I am proud of.

This month, I'm not going to focus on any one particular scale number, but I do want to start picking up the fitness again.

The C25k program is great, but that's really all I've been doing. I do feel stronger when I run, but I feel like I'm getting flabby again because I'm not supporting it with any strength training. I keep looking at all my DVDs I got back in Dec/Jan that had me in a great workout zone.

Plus bathing suit season is right around the corner, and I want to ROCK a bikini by the end of summer. At least once. Not that I go to the beach all that much, but what better way to celebrate my new body than to show it off on the sandy shores of...New Jersey ;)

And one more personal reason I want to tone up...the boudoir. I don't talk about my personal life all that much, but it certainly is something that changed through this journey. My body image & self confidence has certainly improved over the past year, but when I get down & dirty, I still feel full & flabby. The jiggling areas are probably going to always jiggle, but I'd prefer them if they were a little less J-E-L-L-O.

So my plan this month is to try to fit in 1-2 days of strength training with my 3 days of runs. It's going to be tough because my schedule is so packed right now, but the great thing about the videos is that they're SHORT. 20 minutes and I get an intense workout. C'mon Julia, you can manage that. You spend 20 minutes avoiding cleaning--you might as well fit in some fitness while you're procrastinating!

So--C'mon April, let's bloom into something great for May :)

Until next time

No comments: