Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

Dreary day dreaming

Today is utterly dull, dreary and depressing. It's Monday and I am feeling crappy. I am completely unproductive at work, and now my stomach is playing tricks on me.

But I was browsing through some message boards and blogs from WW, and I visited the page of a blogger, Natalie. She was one of the first WW blogs I came across after I started and although I didn't follow her on a regular basis, I would check up on her progress every now and then. She started on WW shortly after I did and at the same weight. And as of March 26th, she reached her goal weight. 82 lbs.

Of course I could look at this and say--well, it took her so much less time to lose more weight than I have, but I'm not that pessimistic. As I looked through her site, progress, blogs, etc, I got inspired. It was more of "that's where I want to be, that's what I want to do"

Granted I still feel blah and sluggish today, but I started thinking about how I will look when I reach my goal. A lot of people (who aren't on WW) tell me, oh, those WW goals are too low, you don't have to get down to that if you don't want. But I think my WW goal is very attainable. 169 is the top of the range for my height, and I think within a few pounds of that I'm going to look great! And (assuming I"m back down around 190-189 at my weigh in today) that's only 20 lbs away!

I don't care to be a size 4, I'd be ecstatic at a size 10 (seriously, even a solid 14 I'm looking forward to). I am already happy with the way I look today, 40 lbs lighter, but I am even more excited to see how I will look at goal weight!

So thanks Natalie for that extra inspiration today, and gearing me up for shedding those last 20 lbs.

Until next time

No comments: