Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Weigh in blues

Last night's weigh in and meeting were a little tough for me for some reason.

I lost .6 lbs. Of course I'm happy that I lost, but after last week's gain, I was assuming it would be more of a loss since it was my normal time of the month to gain. And I knew I would have gained a bit from my hell week, but again, I thought this week would have been a bigger loss. That means I had gained 2 lbs from when I saw the glimmer of the 180s two weeks ago.

When I saw that I was definitely bummed. I guess it is a wake up call for how easily I can slip back into old habits.

But this is why I like the meetings. The topic was "Take Control"--of your internal and external environments...ways to manage your feelings, ways to manage your environment. I brought up the fact that I was struggling with my eating right now and it turned into an "about me" session. Hey--I could use one every now & again. I didn't mean it to be, but I think I needed to put this on the table for my own benefit. I've tried to be so strong through this and recently I've been feeling really vulnerable, really out of control with how I manage my food. So to talk about it made me think about it and is now making me asses what needs to be done.

Granted yesterday I went home and snacked on pretzels & peanut butter after having a filling dinner and even dessert, putting me about 12 points over my dailies and it's only Monday...

But I really want to nail down this issue now to be able to move forward and achieve all the goals I was talking about yesterday.

Until next time

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I can understand- I hate when it feels like nothing is good enough.