I've always been someone who needs to keep busy. I need to keep involved in various projects. If I don't, then I get bored, and when I get bored, I get myself into trouble.
So I keep myself busy. However, doing this has its downsides too--I get burned out. I don't leave myself time to take care of myself. And when I do have time to myself, I end up wasting it.
The past two days I stayed home from work. I called in sick. I was more just plain tired and couldn't bring myself to go into the office.
And today I am back, but because I spent the last two days slothing around, I now feel like crap. And it's a beautiful sunny day, supposedly going up into the 70s. And I just want to be in bed.
I know I need to just shake myself out of it. I went jogging on Wednesday, but yesterday I could have gone outside for some much-needed Vitamin D and I didn't. I'm planning on going out jogging again tonight, but it's going to be a tug of war to get me to do it.
On a positive note, I may be training for a 5k in August with my good friend Robyn. She wants to step up her fitness & lose the last few pounds she's been struggling with. I hope that we can keep each other motivated to do it.
But again, my issue is going to be giving myself the time to do it! With play rehearsal 3x a week, weigh in Mondays and usually stuff going on during the weekend, I only have one free evening a week!
But I've got to learn to leave myself time to take care of myself!! And exercising is part of taking care of myself. If I can unwind in front of the tv for an hour, I can certainly go for a 1/2 hour walk. Or get up early for that jog instead of feeling miserable that I slept in again.
I've got to change those natural habits of laziness and procrastination into habits of health.
I know what to do, I just have to commit to it. I didn't come this far for nothing!!
Until next time
No comments:
Post a Comment