Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Food choices and other ramblings

Halfway through hell week at the theater and I'm exhausted.

Not only am I exhausted, I am succumbing to all sorts of bad food choices. Late night eating, snacking on cookies & chips at rehearsals, not getting in my 8 healthy guidelines...

I could blame it on being busy, but it's not that. I'm making conscious decisions to snack and to choose the foods I am choosing. After eating dinner there's no need to have that many oreos at rehearsal (even if they are reduced fat), there was no reason to finish off that jar of peanut butter (also reduced fat), and there was certainly no reason last night for me to make those Pillsbury cinnamon twists at 12:30 and then proceed to eat half the batch.

It's laziness, it's poor choices, and its' resorting to old bad habits. But they're all excuses that are slowing my progress of not only my weight loss, but changing my lifestyle.

I disappoint myself when I do this. If I keep falling back into these old habits, what's going to happen when I reach my goal weight? As much as I would like to say--okay, I don't have to watch what I eat or exercise anymore, I know that it's something I will have to constantly be aware of so I don't end up gaining the weight back. As hard as weight loss is, the thought of maintaining it is kind of scary. I don't know if I can do it. I know that if I don't change these bad habits I'll end up falling into the same routine all too quickly.

Well, it's something I've got to work on. But until this weekend (and this show) is over, I'm just going to have to muddle through-maybe a little more successfully than the 1st part of the week. Hopefully Saturday I can rest up & even exercise. Monday I'll have to grin & bear what the scale says & then just hop back on the right path and start rebuilding those healthy habits.

Until next time.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I think you revealed more than your bargained for in this post...it's scary to think about failing after reaching goal, so self sabotage will keep you from ever having to feel that failure.