I hate holiday weekends.Love the idea of them, hate what it does to my weight loss focus.
I'm two days back from Memorial Day/Birthday extravaganza weekend and I haven't tracked anything in well over a week and I keep putting it off. I also haven't really exercised since Friday. And my eating patterns have gotten lazy.
I keep saying I'm going to get back on the wagon, plan out my meals, plan out my week, get myself back on a schedule, but I keep making excuses.
Excuses? I thought this month was all about NO EXCUSES!!!???
It feels so much harder--like I've been doing this for so long and I need a break. But I don't want to give up all the work I've done so far! But each day brings up another obstacle. A dinner out, a rainy day, no real food in the fridge...I keep having to make these decisions and feel like I'm fighting a losing battle with it.
And it doesn't get any better this week: dinner at a friends' house tonight, dad's birthday dinner out friday night, weather's crappy, no time to go jogging anyway, long days of work to deal with and then no energy to work out at home...
To top it off, I didn't weigh in on Monday since it was a holiday...not knowing how I fared this weekend is killing me and I feel like it throws my whole week off.
Argh...
Until next time
5 comments:
Your right smiling helps!
nice blog.
But...how did the shopping go???
its a long haul and some weeks can feel overwhelming. I think the key might be to shorten the 'breaks' we all need and take. oh an to stick with it.
The breaks sometimes are inevitable, but I think it's getting easier to get back "on" as it does become more of a habit.
Shopping--well, let's just say I helped out the economy quite a bit getting some fabulous looking size 14s!!
Post a Comment