Often in our efforts to lose weight, we get stuck in a routine. Not that a routine is a bad thing, but sometimes the monotony of the same food patterns or the same exercise gets us into a rut, a plateau or just boredom.
So going with my week 3 of my plan which I laid out for myself, I'm challenging everyone to try something new this week with me.
A new food, a new exercise class, a new style of cooking, a different route on your run; whatever it is, pick something to shake up your routine! Check out this Weight Watchers.com article for some inspiration: Find the Fun in Weight Loss. (Oddly enough this seems to be the weekly topic for WW as well.)
My goal is to try something new every day, but with my crazy schedule it's going to be difficult. However, I already have two things lined up...I've been staring at a box of Quinoa in my cabinet that I've been wanting to make, and I'm stepping up to the plate. Even more fun, tonight I'm trying a new activity: Swing Dancing!! I've had an obsession with swing dancing since I was in Jr. High and watched the movie Swing Kids. I know the basics, but I really want to have a fun time with it and have it become a more natural rhythm. I always end up leading when I dance, so I want to learn how to follow. And how to do all those fun flips and turns etc. Plus it's on my "Feats of Strength" list so I have to do it :)
So I challenge you to try something new this week & hopefully it will inspire you to spice up your weight loss efforts or just your everyday life. And most importantly it's something for you to have fun with! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
Oh, and I kicked off my week with something entirely new already...
Surprise!!!!!!!!!!!Until next time
6 comments:
I'm luvin the new look!!!
very michelle willaims-esque!
Whoa! Love the new 'do.
Love the hair! You look so young and sassy. :) I tried Level 2 of the Shred this week already and cooked a new recipe from WW. Yummy.
totally love the new hair- its so fun!
you have inspired me to try something new- I am going to try to excercise at least once in the morning this week- maybe a run?
Yowza! That hair is so sexy!!
Sorry I've been mia- I miss reading up on your adventures!
love the new cut and color
Post a Comment