I did not invest in myself this holiday weekend.
If I were a stockbroker or financial planner, I'd be fired. Or in jail...
Thanksgiving Day was fine, but due to a pre- and post- Thanksgiving disappointment, my weekend didn't turn out quite as I had planned.
I really had no plans for post-Thanksgiving, and that was my first mistake. Having things not work out for me and letting it get to me was my second mistake. One lazy day--fine. Three ridiculously lethargic days...dumb. And I'm totally feeling the effects of crappy food and inactivity today. Oh boy am I feeling it.
At least it's a new week. And holy guacamole as of tomorrow a new month! The last month of 2009! And I'm not letting it go by the wayside.
Last year I did a few things in December.
December was Strut your Stuff month: An excuse to celebrate fabulous you. A way of helping bring out the confidence by strutting proudly, even if it's just for show at first.
I also spent a lot of time looking back: In my first year of weight loss, I took a lot of pictures. I wanted to see my shape changing and I really did. Man--do I look different--especially with the new hair.
Apparently I was also in the midst of my various exercise DVD reviews from my local library. (I ended up buying Dancing with the Stars and Biggest Loser Workout)
Most importantly though, I made myself a calendar for December; setting a goal, planning out all the holidays, parties, get-togethers, and other high-risk and splurge-worthy events. Figuring that you'll want to save your extra points for those days, you work around them to plan out your week. Which days you'll stay strictly to your daily points, which days you'll bump up your exercise, etc. It allowed me to plan out meals, and fitness. And I know I didn't exactly stick to it, but it did help as a visual and a planning tool-especially when it was right in front of me on my wall near my desk. And I didn't lose the 3-4 lbs as I had planned...but I was lower at the end of the month than when I had started, so you can't beat that.
So that's what I'm planning again for this December. On a weekly basis anyway since my plans come last minute usually. I'm going to see what I weigh in at tonight, but I'd like to be back down to 180 by the end of the month. If I really focus I can do it. I'm so tired of feeling like I'm stagnant and with the last month of the year here, a change has to be made.
So expect Tuesdays to be Weigh in Report and my plan for the week with results from the previous week.
Okay--well I survived a miserable post-holiday Monday and now on to the new week!!
Until next time
1 comment:
I just found your blog through my subscriber list. It's great! I'm going to have to go back and check out your old posts. I'm adding you to my Google Reader.
I also love to check out work out DVDs from the local library. The variety keeps me interested.
And I see that you have "hula hoop" down as a goal. As someone who took up hula hooping this year, I say you must do it. It's so much fun! Although I really recommend that you get an adult hula hoop rather than just picking one up from the toy section. Those are really too light and too small for most adults to use them. Good luck!
Post a Comment