Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Results, recap & confession.

Let's start with the confession first. I honestly wasn't going to blog about this week's results. I thought about skipping it, using the "oh gosh it's been so busy" excuse...Or I thought maybe I'll just skim over it & post a blog about some other weight loss topic.

But seriously--what good is that going to do me?

So here it is, my results: I gained this week. I have no one to blame but myself of course. I gained 2lbs. Most of that was from the weekend. All week I did well with eating, but I didn't get in too much exercise & when it came to the weekend, I did not hold back much. So my goal of "not gaining in December"...FAIL. But I'm not losing hope. Motivation is a different story...

Recap:
Food goals: Increase water intake. Stay within daily points 3/7 days. Limit night time snacking to one (portion controlled) item. Keep meeting healthy guidelines. Plan meals, bring from home. Track 5 days.
Results: Water was o-kay. Stayed within points 2 days and only .5 over on a 3rd day. The nighttime snacking thing was fine after Monday...that is until the weekend hit. I underestimated points values and definitely overindulged in snacks instead of having real meals. Bringing meals from home was o-kay until the end of the week as I began to run out of food. I did have a great shrimp & orzo dinner one night. Saturday night I ate beforehand and was able to resist getting food at the restaurant I went to. I stuck to basic drinks (vodka tonic).
Exercise goals: Kicked ass last week--keep it up. At least 30 minutes moderate activity each day, 14 APs. Ice skating this weekend.
Results: Did not kick ass this week. Only had three days of activity and those were not as focused as they should have been. Did not get up early to work out at any point. Allowed evening plans to get in way of workouts at night. No ice skating.

Moral...I do not follow directions very well.
Lesson...I need to find some way of keeping myself on track when the going gets tough or when I get lazy. What's it gonna take? What's gonna be my wake up call?

I don't really know the answers, but if I"m gonna make it to goal, I need to figure these things out. This week's goals to come.

Until next time

1 comment:

Unknown said...

we all have bad days and weeks....but just pick up the pieces! I know you will and can...that measley 2 will be gone in no time!