Pages

Friday, May 9, 2008

Tools for Life #1

So to help members reach their goals, WW has developed the Tools for Life strategy, giving us ways to plan out our goals and how to get there. So I figured I should start giving this part a shot. I'll highlight one every few days.

Tool #1: Winning Outcomes, setting a goal
What are my goals? Uh...lose weight? Fit into my clothes from HS? Not see rolls of flesh in photographs? I dunno. I haven't even set an ultimate goal weight. When I look at the framing of healthy weight for my height, it seems about 20 lbs lower than what I would want to be. But that's besides the point.

Some things I would like to do as I drop my weight & clothing sizes:
- Wear a bikini. Not that it's really my thing. But I would like to know that I could if I wanted to.
- Be able to shop in the expensive NYC boutiques and actually find a size that fits. Even if I can't afford to.
- Sit in a theater or airplane seat comfortably. Okay, so my knees will probably never be comfortable, but at least my ass will be.
- Wear leather boots which I can actually zip over my calves.
- Wear skinny jeans and look HOT in them!

Okay--so I guess that's a start. If I put all that together, maybe I can come up with my "winning outcome," a phrase stating what I really want. So, let's try this one on for size...

I want to get to my goal weight of 162 lbs and to improve my lifestyle by making healthy choices in my life.

My short term goals
I want to get to my 10% before the summer is over, and I will do it by following the plan, staying within my points, and incorporating regular exercise (at least 3x per week) into my life.

I feel like such a cheeseball.

If/when I get a bicycle, my goal is to be able to ride to work, gradually increasing from 1x/week up to every day if weather permits.

I want to kick ass in my bridesmaid dress Labor Day weekend.

I want to have fun on the beach in a bathing suit this summer.

I want at least one person I haven't seen in a while to go "wow--you look good!"

My ego is getting a bit out of control now...

So, those are my winning outcomes for today.
Next time-Tool #2: Storyboarding

Until then...

No comments: