Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Come together right now...

This week's ever changing motivation is brought to you by: my (ridiculously amazing) relationship.

Ah, motivation.

It comes in all sorts of forms, from the "I've had enough of not fitting comfortably in a theater seat" type of motivation to the "Oh, Zumba...that looks like fun--I can do that..."

It's how we stick with things that we want to accomplish that matter.

My boyfriend read my post from a couple of weeks ago regarding the Chinese food incident. (I LOVE YOU!)

I guess reading what I was feeling struck a chord with him and he decided both for his health and my goals to make a plan for himself to rid his body of the bad foods & start from scratch with healthy foods and exercise. In addition to him losing weight with this process, he'll be supporting me in my efforts.

This not only made me happy for him and his health, but it encouraged me to put my best foot forward and keep on pushing towards my goals.

Two weeks ago I had my amazing plan. And I stuck to it--for the most part. I had to rearrange some workouts, but I stuck to meals pretty well. There were a few poor food decisions on my part, and a minor emotional break down on that Sunday when I didn't complete my workout schedule as I'd planned, but overall it was fine. But then I gained 2.4 lbs. Almost entirely because of Aunt Flo (also cause of the breakdown) so I should not have been discouraged, but the following week I did a complete 180 and had a workout-free eating fest on Monday followed by several days of poor food choices. Hence the not blogging for a week.

On Saturday my friend and motivator Fit Chick Megan came to town for the day and we went out together to work out. We did about 3 miles of jogging/walking together and it felt great to get back into the game. While she went off to camp for a week where she efficiently mapped out a jogging course and plans to strength train (using kids for dumbbells), I used that as motivation to get back into my planning game.

So all these elements have come together this week to motivate me to get on track and stay on track. With the boyfriend and I working together to plan healthy meals and strengthen ourselves together and Megan around to keep motivating each other to push ourselves to Fitness, I have a feeling this is going to be a good week.

Share with us! Who or what pushes you to keep going? How do you collaborate to keep going?

Until next time

No comments: